- Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD/TMJ)
- Chronic Pain & Central Sensitization
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- Head & Neck Oncology Patient Support
- Diseases Confused with TMD
- TMD Helpful Hints
- TMD Self-Help
- Why a Dentist Trained in Sleep Apnea, TMD?
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
- CPAP Intolerance
About Our Practice
HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY PATIENTS SUPPORT
The likelihood is high that aggressive cancer treatment will have toxic effects on normal cells as well as cancer cells. The gastrointestinal tract, including the mouth, is particularly prone to damage. This is true whether the treatment is radiation or chemotherapy. Most patients being treated for head and neck cancer will experience some oral complications, and while most of these are manageable, complications can sometimes become severe. In addition, surgical solutions to tumor removal may lead to functional deficits and pain as well.
Head and Neck Oncology Support
Treatment of neoplastic disease can leave patients with significant functional deficits and chronic pain issues.
Caring for these patients requires several areas of expertise and a great deal of multidisciplinary coordination.
At INDIANA CRANIOFACIAL CENTER we have created a nexus of this expertise designed to maximize recovery, minimize recovery time, and provide the patient with the latest evidence based treatment available.
- Oral Medicine
- Craniofacial physiatry
- Chronic and acute craniofacial pain
- TMD / TMJ dysfunction
- Functional rehabilitation of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal deficits
- Neuropathic, neurovascular, and somatic pain disorders